I love pretty things just as much as the next person but there is something so special and meaningful about the written word (on pretty paper). I’m pretty grateful that I have been able to make a business out of it...especially with a badass business partner.
Dear Elizabeth, Lizzie, Aunt Lizzie, Sweetie, Sunshine...the start to all of my best memories and letters. I can still hear my mom say the words that she wrote so eloquently when I was growing up. I still find myself going back to re-read all of my letters, notes and memories. Now, I hope to pass that along and remind all of my favorite people in my life what they mean to me with the perfect note so that maybe one day they can go back to that memory and smile.
I love texting just like the rest of us, but the joy + love I can spread by putting my pen to paper to create an authentic and real emotion - that's the good stuff. Put good energy out in this universe and it will come right back to ya ten times over. Then when you get that perfect love note...Instagram it :)! Get that favorite pen of yours, mine happens to be a le pen, and send someone a little happy.
10 things you might not know about me
1. I grew up in Germany - and loved every second of it. I saw the world before I was in high school.
2. I had a double major at the College of Charleston - Anthropology & Sociology - don’t ask.
3. My first job out of college was at the Food Network
4. My shoe collection is the most organized part of my closet - my boyfriend would completely disagree.
5. I might wear 5 inch heels on a Tuesday but I’m a tomboy at heart.
6. Every piece of jewelry I own has been passed down from the amazing women in my life. I take a lot of pride in my bangle stack that I pick out every morning.
7. I have a candy problem. I’m working on going cold turkey.
8. I have broken almost every bone in my body
9. No matter how hard the day is - Ami always can make me laugh. We consider ourselves basically a married couple that has been together for 50 years. It’s a cherished friendship + business partnership. It just works.
10. My dad is my favorite person in the world.